Wednesday, June 18, 2008

TWO days early.....

are you wondering what it could be?

Well, my goal before the surgery was to lose 70 lbs by my 3 month surgiversary. I was not sure that was going to happen because the scale was playing tricks on my the past few days.

But low and behold, this morning I am PROUD to say that I am now down 70 lbs or as I like to say 280 sticks of butter.

It is still hard to believe how my life has change. I am happy and so much healthier.

Though the past few days have been a bit rough. I have been having a few low blood sugars. Yesterday morning woke up in a sweat and my sugar was 59. Last night before Aviva was out of the shower my sugar was 53. I ran out of Glucose Tablets so my terrific DH ran out and got my a huge bottle of them. And again this morning was 59. But then later on in the day today it got to 195 so go figure.

Otherwise those incidents I feel great.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

YIPPPEEEE!!!!

So are they going to adjust your insulin?

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Okay sorry! That was actually me above! I forgot my husband asked me to fix something on his blog! Arrrrgh! I hate it when that happens!

Christina said...

Man...did you call your endo? I bet your insulin needs to be decreased again. WTG on the 70lbs! You go girl! Your doing awesome!

Bec said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Dori! That's great! I'm sorry about the glucose lows -- maybe you're ready to come off insulin altogether? A couple of little highs seems less risky than the lows that make you feel awful, and the highs will likely go away with time. You must be over the moon happy with your amazing progress!!! I'm thrilled for you.

All 4 My Gals said...

I'm so proud of you that is awesome! Hope you get your glucose straightened out. HUGS

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you that you've already reached your goal!