Monday, April 30, 2007
When he Doctor walked in I said please tell me that something is wrong. And he laughed and said yes they found something. Glad it was not all in my head.
He showed us the MRI..and explained to Aviva what she was looking at and she thought it was pretty cool.
Then he explained tome what was going on. I have at the L4-5 a left-sided foraminal disc herniation whih moderately encroaches upon the left neural foramen or basically a herniated disc. And at the L3-4 there is an anteriordisc herniaton, but no posterior disc herniation. And there is a loss of normal lordotic curvature and this may reflect strain. Not sure abot the other stuff.
So the doctor wants to send me for Intervention Pain Management Evaluation to see what they can do for the pain...maybe an epidural or something like that.
So that is it for now! Glad to have some results!
I was able to rent points and we are staying at BEACH CLUB VILLAS from Nov. 26 to Nov 30, 2007 (will be our 4th year in a row going at this time). We are renting a studio...but saving a ton of money by renting the points.
And it will be our 11 anniversary, so now will have to decide where to eat for it!! Will put Aviva in the Sandcastle Club and we will go out, ALONE!!
Sunday, April 29, 2007
1. I am so happy in how well Aviva is doing in school. She is at the top of her class for reading and scored the highest on the tests....my preemie has come a long way, hasn't she! She is also the assistant for the accelerated reader program. According to her teacher...she sets up the computer for the other students..finds there name, the book they are reading and starts them.
2. Aviva is doing amazing with riding a 2-wheeler, even has the bumps and scrapes to show for it. And she has become a fish in the water. She loves the water.
3. Finally I go tomorrow for my MRI results and truly hope it is something because why would I have this pain.
4. Aviva decided she wanted her birthday at Disney and she wanted Grandpa to come...so she typed an email to him herself (well, some guidance with a little spelling), and invited him to come with us in January and he said yes!!
5. I am very thankful to SPIDER...for being here and helping and cleaning the house. He has been the most understanding!
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Spider has been very understanding and helping out a lot when home. Even standing and cutting vegetables or washing Aviva's hair is very hard for me now. I am sick of it.
I am praying the MRI shows something. I will find out Monday. There has to be a reason for this pain. I cannot keep taking pills.
I just want to feel better and be able to walk through Target and not be in pain.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Went to the endocrinologist yesterday. Was hoping we can talk about the insulin pump. He said he does not think it is right for me. Will bring it up again at another appointment. Then forgot to ask for a scropt for needles so called them back an hour after I eft asking if they will fax an order to the DME company. Well it has been 24 hours and still not done. Will call tomorrow.
So add another pill to the group...he put me on metformin...to help with my diabetes and weight loss. And changed one insulin and kept the other. And now testing 3 times a day.
Aviva is doing really well. Had her parent teacher conference last week. She is reading at 2nd grade level and scored the highest on the reading tests in her class. And at the highest level in her reading program which is 10 and most children go into first grade between 4 and 5. Look at my preemie now! Her handwriting has gotten so much better what a difference from the beginning of the year. She has also become more assertive and a bit bossy.
Tomorrow is her muliticultural fair at school and her class is performing!!!!
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
More good news...my heart is ticking just fine. The stress test came back normal.
So hoping as I lose weight and get myself healthy blood pressure will go down and no more pills!
So I will follow up with his brother who is my internal medicine doctor (May 2nd).
I have my MRI on Fri. I go to the endocrinologist April 25th.
Sunday, April 15, 2007
|You Belong in 1966|
If you scored...
1950 - 1959: You're fun loving, romantic, and more than a little innocent. See you at the drive in!
1960 - 1969: You are a free spirit with a huge heart. Love, peace, and happiness rule - oh, and drugs too.
1970 - 1979: Bold and brash, you take life by the horns. Whether you're partying or protesting, you give it your all!
1980 - 1989: Wild, over the top, and just a little bit cheesy. You're colorful at night - and successful during the day.
1990 - 1999: With you anything goes! You're grunge one day, ghetto fabulous the next. It's all good!
Saturday, April 14, 2007
1. I am happy to say another successful visit with my SIL Marie. She got all her shopping done....and let me tell you she can shop. Spent almost 7 hours at the mall Thursday. And then more shopping Fri and Sat. Now hopping she will come back in July so we can take her on our trip to Disney.
2. I am so happy to say my liver tests were just about normal as well as the U/S.
3. I am very happy that I have a very understanding professor who gave me a week extension on my paper. She is really great.
4. Aviva had a great week....she did really well in school this week. Earned two awards for her work. And a free meal at Roadhouse Grill. We all went for dinner Friday night.
5. I am just happy that I have such a great husband and daughter. They are always there for me and what more can I ask for.
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
|Your Vocabulary Score: B|
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Now for the stress test today...they hooked me up and gave me an IV. Before starting test blood pressure..was not bad 140/70. Then thy push this med through that makes your heart thinks it was exercising...hated how I felt but was for only 6 minutes. Half way through, blood pressure was 120/50. And they injected dye. Once stopped I felt better, drank water and waited 30 minutes for them to take pics of the heart. Took a bit of time and go back tomorrow at 8 am to finish up.
Thanks for all the prayers.
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Saturday, April 07, 2007
What a week it has been..sorry have not been around...I have not been feeling two well.
1. I am thankful that the results of my echocardiogram came back normal. That is a big relief.
2. What a night Aviva and I had on Friday. We went to dinner at Applebee's and then finally got to surprise her with Disney on Ice: Disneyland Adventure. She was so excited, did not tell her till we got to the arena. And then she read the tickets. She was jumping up and down and hugging me. She loved it. They did a great show. Aviva was on her feet almost the whole time. She got a bit spoiled but so worth it.
3. What a great day we had today as well. Started off with an Easter egg hunt my neighbor did. Then we went up to Boca for an Easter festival but most of all to meet our good friends from Minnesota. We all hung out there and then we went back to their hotel and Aviva got to swim with all the kids and the adults got to chat. It was just a really nice family day that was well deserved.
4. We got to see Auntie Marie yesterday. And cannot wait till she comes here Thursday to spend time with us till she has to go home to Jamaica.
5. I am glad to have an MRI scheduled for Saturday to find out what is going on with my back. It is has been painful lately and just want it to go away.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Took blood pressure at Target today not sure how accurate the machine is but was 141 over 71 so lower there then it has been. Not sure how accurate the machine was. Still retaining water but not as bad.
Had the Liver U/S this morning went fine. Not sure results yet.
Went to the orthopedist today for my back and now he wants an MRI to see what is going on in there. The past 3 mornings waking up in pain. And changed the pain meds from Vicodin to Darvacet.
Finally got the results of my certification exam...which I knew I did not do well on. Well, you needed 200 to pass and I got a 197...UGH so very close. Will take it again in July when offered.