Thursday, April 26, 2007

Long over due UPDATE...

It has been a while...I have been suffering in pain from my back. I finally go back to the doctor Mondayto find out results of my MRI. I truly hope it shows something. Because I am suffering so when I walk.

Went to the endocrinologist yesterday. Was hoping we can talk about the insulin pump. He said he does not think it is right for me. Will bring it up again at another appointment. Then forgot to ask for a scropt for needles so called them back an hour after I eft asking if they will fax an order to the DME company. Well it has been 24 hours and still not done. Will call tomorrow.

So add another pill to the group...he put me on metformin...to help with my diabetes and weight loss. And changed one insulin and kept the other. And now testing 3 times a day.

Aviva is doing really well. Had her parent teacher conference last week. She is reading at 2nd grade level and scored the highest on the reading tests in her class. And at the highest level in her reading program which is 10 and most children go into first grade between 4 and 5. Look at my preemie now! Her handwriting has gotten so much better what a difference from the beginning of the year. She has also become more assertive and a bit bossy.

Tomorrow is her muliticultural fair at school and her class is performing!!!!

2 comments:

Wilma said...

I hope all goes well at the endocrinologist. My father was on Metformin and Glyburide for his diabetes. They both seem to work well. That's great news about Aviva's school report. I now what you mean about your preemie. I look at Sean now and then I see that picture of him in the NICU on the vent and it's hard to believe it can be the same boy.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry you've been in so much pain with your back; praying they'll have some answers for you!