Tuesday, September 23, 2008

SIX month visit with the surgeon....

Went to my surgeon for the 6 month checkup today....

For the most part all my blood work looks great.

My A1C for the diabetes was down from 6.8 (from May) to 6.1. Below 6 is normal for non-diabetics.

My Iron, Vit. D and Calcium all perfect.

My cholesterol is normal 163. My LDL is a little low so going to pump up the exercise.

The only issues were with the B12 and Folate. The B12 was high and due to that the Folate was low. So now will take the B12 3 times a week and double up on the B complex every day.

Overall, the surgeon is very happy with my progress and 105 lbs gone FOREVER. 14 1/2 inches from my waist and 12 from my hips!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing my journey with me!!! It means a lot to have all the support.

5 comments:

The Mom said...

Whooo hoooo - so happy to read this Dori!!! You are an inspiration! I am so happy for you!

Christina said...

I am so happy for you!!! Congrats on your A1C!

Jim Gerl said...

Hi,

I wanted to call your attention to my special education law blog and its free subscriptions at:
http://specialeducationlawblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks,

SpEdLaw2

Het said...

Congrats Dori! I'm so proud of you! I know you have worked so hard!

Anonymous said...

要保持更新呦,加油!!!期待你的新文章!!!.................................................................