Thursday, December 27, 2007

A BIT depressed...

My life has not been easy the past few months...tired of putting up a happy front. I just am not happy. These past few days I have been miserable.

My back hurts and I have been in pain since February (almost a year).

Tired of getting stares when I use a scooter at Target, Walmart or Publix.

I am tired of not being able to lose weight...and cannot exercise due to my back.

I feel miserable that I cannot be an active mom with Aviva....I want to run and be able to chase her.

But hoping things change as of the new year...we are starting new insurance (Beech Street) which is a much better plan then we have now.

Meds are cheaper.

Doctor visits are cheaper.

BEST of all the gastric bypass surgery (RNY) is covered. I know not everyone agrees with the procedure...but I see this as a tool that I NEED to HELP me lose weight.

I have been researching this procedure for a long time. I have found some great support groups with tons of information. I know the risks involved but willing to take the risks. You hear about the risks more then all the success stories.

Truly unless you have a weight issue you will not understand what it is like.

I have found a surgeon...the nurse coordinator is checking out my benefits and hoping to start with a consult in January...the sooner the better.

I am hoping for smooth sailing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be a good year you will see. You will look like 10 million dollars

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I am here if you need to talk my friend! An unbiased talk... I promise! You are my friend Dori, and I just want what is best for you. I hope you get the results you need.

And I understand the stares. Ryan used to have to use those scooters last year whe he broke his ankle. Some people look at young people who use them like they have 3 heads. Sorry you have to go through that.

I am here if you want to talk! I'll email you my number too!