Wednesday, May 16, 2007

An UPDATE but still no relief.....

So off I went this morning to the pain doctor...took 45 minutes instead of 20 due to rain and bad drivers. Then I get there and no parking so I parked in what seems another country. It was not but my back cannot take the walking.

So I saw the doctor (not mine) and explained what was going on. I am have some tingly feeling and numbness in my feet and hands. So he took more info and then another doc came in the head guy. He said before considering an epidural he wants me to talk to the endocrinologist about peripheral neuropothy. He wants them to do some nerve testings before deciding how to proceed. He does not want to do the epidural and then not work. I said I just want to walk with out pain.

Being diabetic he has to take extra precaution. When they gave me the injection on Thursday never told me my sugars would go very high like 412. And she should have told me to talk to the endo first. So have to be careful if getting steroids again.

So at my appointment this afternoon with the endo....he decided that he can do the nerve testing at his office since they are coming May 24th. And if needed will send me to a neurologist. Makes it easier then having to wait to see a neurologist and scheduling with them.

Meanwhile changed my metformin to 1000 mg twice a day and added the insulin Lantus took away Novolin N and changed Novolog to three times a day!!

So I am still in pain and not sure how much longer I can take it. But from now on Spider will be doing the shopping and errands.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

oh I feel for you being in so much pain and not being able to do much of anything. how frustrating! and how scary about your sugars going so high - yikes! Thank goodness Spider is taking good care of you and the household! continued prayers for you!

The Mom said...

Dori - I am soo sorry that you are in so much pain. That is scary about your sugars and the tingling. I know that when my Dad had bad discs, one ruptured and he has permanent nerve damage from it. He ended up getting surgery to remove it and his pain went away after that, but I know it was awful.

Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way...