Saturday, July 08, 2006

Aviva....


This is Aviva...she is the joy of my life. She is a compassionate, loving, caring and understand girl all at the young age of 5 1/2. She is always happy, wanting to help and keep busy. She came into this world almost 2 1/2 months early...weighing 3 lbs 2 oz and 15 inches long.

Spent 5 weeks in the NICU and came home weighing 4 1/2 lbs. What a good baby she was. Rarely cried, a terrible eater but a happy baby. She had 2 1/2 years of early intervention which included speech, occupational, physical, behavior and cognitive therapy. And boy did all those therapies help. We would go 5 days a week for therapy, what a trooper Aviva was.

Now at 5 1/2 Aviva is reading, spelling, doing simple math and can identify so many different things. She talks nonstop, is inquisitive and loves to learn.

That is my intro about Aviva. I look forward to sharing all the things yet to come in our lives.

4 comments:

jane said...

shes a lovley little girl and has come along way well done aviva.

Kimberly said...

Girl, you make me want to start a blog of my own! :-) I had no idea Aviva had such a rough start in life. And look at her now, such a healthy beautiful child!

Marilyn said...

Great blog! Someday she'll stay in her bed all night.

Mary jayne said...

Dori, She grows more beautiful everyday! Remember to keep sending me pictures! MJ