Tuesday, July 11, 2006

So who does Aviva look like?

Here is a picture of Aviva and Daddy (Spider AKA Richard)..do they look alike?




Here is a picture of Aviva and I when we were about the same age...do we look alike?


I cannot tell you how many times in the past 5 1/2 years I have been asked is she my daughter? I do not mind when a child asks me...they do not understand and are innocent. And I explain why we look a bit different. But when adult comes up to you and thinks you are babysitting then realize the error of their ways, now that bothers me. Do not assume because we have different skin colors that she is NOT mine. I sometimes say to them when they make certain comments is no I found her and took her home with me LOL!! You should see the look on their faces, I think they realized better watch what we say and not to assume anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I see an adult of one skin tone with a child of another, I usually just wonder what the other parent looks like. That applies to all skin tones, not just AA vs. caucasian.

Happy to add you to my daily blog reads :)

onesillymama said...

Aren't people silly and simple minded? Interesting... I never assume that the child is not the child of the adult he/she is with.
Sure, sometimes the child may be adopted, but he/she is STILL that person's child! Thanks for the pictures...

Liz

Anonymous said...

OHMIGOSH!!!

THAT IS EXACTLY MY LIFE!!! It took almost 5 years to get her, YES SHE IS MINE!!!!!!!!!! That baby pic of Aviva looks like my Rebekah, big ole fro!! heheheeeee!!!!!

take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi dori, Aviva has Spider's face shape but your features, especially your eyes! MJ