Thursday, March 22, 2007

UPDATE....on my doctor visit and what is coming up...

The doctor was very nice spent about an hour talking to me and asking questions and examining me. We discussed many different things.

Going to have an endoscopy for heartburn/reflux since had it on and off for a while. Then if I need he will prescribe something. Then talked about shortness of breath...can be weight related, diabetes related or just something going on. So wants me checked out by a cardiologist (his brother). So going to have a chest xray, echocardiogram, stress test and spirometry, and whatever else the cardio wants.

He gave me a name of another endocrinologist so will be calling him tomorrow.Tomorrow I go back for a full blood work up...needed to be fasting. I am retaining water so have to watch sodium intake even more.

But on a good note Spider and I changed up our eating habits a week ago Sunday and do not buy bread anymore among other things. So the past week and a half I am down 13 1/2 lbs.

Update from today....

I am going to the Cardiologist on Tuesday afternoon.

I have my endoscopy on Thursday morning.

I have the endocrinologist April 25th.

Man it is a lot but the doctor is concerned and cautious. I am just scared.

Went to the therapist today and hurt so bad, that called the orthopedist for something for the pain or muscle relaxer. My muscle below the SI joint is so tight and tense even with the therapy.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

good for you on the weight loss! I have thought about giving up bread, but just don't know if I could...I eat sandwhiches for lunch almost every day!

Glad to hear you had a great doc appt with someone that took their time and listened. Hope you get some answers from the upcoming appts!