Wednesday, June 20, 2007

NOT doing GOOD, Not doing GOOD at ALL...

Well, today was the final attempt to do an injection with a nerve block to see if it would help my back and take away the pain.

SO get there and not feeling hot...well my sugar is 50 and feel miserable and very sweaty. So they get me settled in, meaning into the lovely hospital gown and get the IV going. ANd then give me dextrose to help my sugars. Got up to 111.

They finally take me back and get everything going for the procedure. He gave me a nerve block and hoping that worked.

After the procedure, my sugar was 88 and after apple juice for some reason went to 75. But was feeling all right. Just wanted to get home.

Got home about 2:45 pm and and can feel the area where my pain from getting tight. And then knew that was not a good sign. As the day went on the pain got worse to what it was before the procedure.

I cannot believe this, all I want is some relief. It hurts walking, standing and now feel a bit more when I sit. It is not fair. I want some RELIEF!!!!!!!!! I am not asking much!!!

They call to follow up tomorrow and will tell them. I have an appointment next week with the pain doc and the orthopedist on the same day. I NEED something that is going to work.

4 comments:

Het said...

Oh Dori.

I'm so sorry. I was hoping this would work for you!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep you in my prayers!

Gentle HUGS

Het

AZ Chapman said...

get well soon Hugs

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear you are STILL in so much pain! how awful for you! I wish there was something I could do, but please know you're in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

oh my....ouch!

I'm so sorry your in so much pain.

(((hugs)))