Friday, September 29, 2006

Being RIPPED off...

Well, it almost happened to us...Spider went to take my Jeep in for an oil change to Meineke. They check out the car and did the oil change and then proceed to tell Spider that there are problems with the coolant and transmission fluids. And he called me to tell me this. I said cannot be, I just spent $372 at Midas in June and I know they did a good job. So they went on to tell Spider things of what is wrong and wrote it out. I said do not let them do anything we will bring it back to Midas this morning which we did.

We spoke with the manager at Midas and explained the situation. He was very nice and helpful. He said he would check everything out and test the fluids and show us. He came to us and said there is nothing wrong and showed it to Spider. All the fluids were good and nothing floating in them like Meineke said there was. We were mighty pissd off and now we know why most of the Meinekes here have shut down. They lied to us and I bet countless others. Now, we have to think what we are going to do about this situation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... you have to be very careful with those places. The DEALER told my DH that his radiator was cracked and wouldn't last much longer, especially with his 45-minute-each-way commute - well, this was about 5 months ago and he's still driving it. There's not even a leak that we can see. It hasn't lost any coolant. It's ridiculous what they try to get away with.

elaine said...

Go get em tiger!

Anonymous said...

i think you mean 'coolant'.

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

Thanks, changed the spelling.