Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The elusive sleep that I am looking for...

You know how many people take sleep for granted? Well, let me tell you how much I miss it.

It all started last Tuesday night (Nov 28) when I got sick and was up every half hour. Well, it has not gotten any better...well maybe a little.

But I cannot function on 3 to 4 hours a sleep a night. Last night I called Spider at work (he does overnights) at 3 am and he was surprised I was awake. Said YUP I am and wide awake too. And nothing is on. He said try to sleep...I said what do you think I have been doing for the past 3 hours.

I cannot lay down or I cough. UGH UGH UGH!!!

My only good sleep came between 5:15 and 6:48 am when the alarm went off. What an ugly sound.

And had to cancel again working at the book fair at Aviva's school...just did not want to cough all over the place and I am exhausted.

Hoping tonight maybe the night for a good night's sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, so sorry you are so sick. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Are you taking anything for the cough? Robitussen DM (sp?) the nighttime variety works well.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry you're not being able to sleep. Could you sleep better if you were propped up - would that help relieve some of the coughing?

The Mom said...

Dori, I'm sorry you are so sick :( I had this same coughing thing a while back, and it lasted forever! I still have a residual sinus infection, so watch out for that. I will keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Hugs!!!